100 grams of pasta = 1 liter of salty water
Premium quality pasta doesn't need oil in the water, it is enough to stir the boiling pasta a couple of times in the first 2 minutes.
- heat up the water in a tall pot, especially if you cook long pasta, then add salt
- put the pasta in the boiling water, lower the heat when it starts to boil again
- cook until the recommended time, then taste it to see if it is the texture what you wish for
- drain it, do not rinse, just mix with any sauce and serve
- for pasta salads cool it down under cold water